Are you interested in reading more about Kismet, or learning more about the presentations? Check back here for publications that have resulted from the conference(s)!
Nursing Clio series of Archival Kismet essays:
- Courtney Thompson, “Archival Kismet: A Manifesto,” Nursing Clio (June 1, 2021). Link.
- Chelsea Chamberlain, “Finding Friendship and Frustration in the Archive of an Institution for the ‘Feeble Minded,'” Nursing Clio (June 3, 2021). Link.
- Andrew Muldoon, “Whale, Actually,” Nursing Clio (June 8, 2021). Link.
- Jennifer McGillan, “Blood, Teeth, and Fire: A Dispatch from Cincinnati, 1844,” Nursing Clio (June 10, 2021). Link.
- Evan Elizabeth Hart, “Manslaughter or Necessary Operation? Abortion and Murder in Early 20th-Century Missouri,” Nursing Clio (June 15, 2021). Link.
- Vicky Iglikowski-Broad, “Bloody Archives: An Archival Insight into the History of Sanitary Towels,” Nursing Clio (April 12, 2022). Link.
Other publications stemming from the conference series:
- Kacie Lucchini Butcher, “More Questions Than Answers: Interrogating Restricted Access in the Archives,” Journal of the History of the Behavioral Sciences (2022): DOI: 10.1002/jhbs.22179. Link.
On Twitter, make sure to check out the #ArchivalKismet hashtag!